This guide covers how to use the export lines functionality in the LogDNA web app. The purpose of the export lines is to provide you with a local copy of specific log lines.
Log lines are exported in JSON line format (.jsonl) and are emailed to your LogDNA user email address.
To export your log lines:
- Perform your search query for the desired log lines.
- Click on the view menu to the left of the All Sources filter and select Export Lines.
- Select a time range to apply to the search results.
- Select an option to prefer newer or older lines in case the export exceeds our line limit.
- You will receive an email with a link download to your exported lines.
You can also export your log lines programmatically using our API. Documentation is available on our Public API /v1/export docs page.
Pagination is a ubiquitous method for handling large datasets and responses in the browser-based Web. When exporting log lines through the export API, you will need to implement pagination into your script in order to request log lines (in succession) greater than your plans API limit (Per each request).
10,000 log lines per batch are returned and 500,000 log lines are the maximum that gets returned per API request.
If you'd like to learn more about implementing API pagination to export data, please email support at email@example.com.